Wednesday 22 August 2012

Getting ready for Spring

Today I am very happy for two reasons. One, it is 26 degrees (78 F) here in Sydney today. Not bad considering we haven’t yet hit spring yet. And two, I had a couple of packages arrive on my doorstep from the States. I’m sure my husband thinks I’m having an affair with the parcel guy as he is here that often.

 
My sandals have finally arrived...


I definitely lean towards "Sparkly" things. Including these...


Enzo Angiolini Killy Sandals

 
Yes, I did buy two but they were "On Sale" (and I will emphasise this point when I tell/convince Mr FM). I tend to wear both colours in Summer. Black is good for most occasions, but The Silver/Light Gold will be perfect for parties and events over the next few months.



And the best part of all?


The price was amazing.
 
I don't think people overseas realise just how expensive shoes are here in Australia. When I went to Hawaii last year, I went a bit crazy in the shoe department of Macy's and Nordstrom. The young man who assisted me in finding sizes seemed genuinely surprised at how much we would pay for the same shoes here. Although he did say that Australians tended to go a bit crazy shopping wise. At the time our dollar hit $1.10 US and so I definitely took advantage.

I was like a kid in a candy store and by the time I finished I'd bought about 13 pairs of shoes. It also coincided with their sales and the discounts were absolutely amazing. I literally shed tears of joy. Don't even get me started on buying shoes for the children and Mr FM. We all needed extra suitcases. I often wonder what the person cleaning our apartment in Hawaii wondered when she came across piles and pile of empty shoe boxes to throw away after we left. To fit everything in our bags we had to discard them.

I still buy all my shoes from the US and either get them posted directly to me, or if they won't ship here I use a parcel forwarding service. Which technically means there isn't anything I can't buy worldwide. The only downside is the postage. In this instance I only paid around $40 dollars so I am very happy.

Best of all, the US sales of summer stock always coincide with the start of our spring/summer so I never pay full retail price. Same thing happens when they sell off winter stock. Bring on Summer!

On another note, I need to organise all my Jewellery into some sort of order. I bought these a while back from Aldi of all places. Much cheaper than buying them from retail stores like Howards Storage.


I bought about 6 of them and they can stack on top of each other. I'm loving the fact they are clear and I'll be able to see everything I have at the one time. At the moment I have jewellery stored in jewellery pouches and boxes so it take me forever to find what I need. So this is my first task for Spring cleaning. Getting organised.
Now, if I can only find space for these new shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment